1997 Toyota Granvia 3.0DT Q excellent selection Specs
With a fuel consumption of 39.2 mpg US - 47 mpg UK - 6.0 L/100km, a weight of 4453 lbs (2020 kg), the Toyota Granvia 3.0DT Q excellent selection has a water cooling 4 cylinder SOHC engine, a Light oil engine 1KZ-TE. This engine 1KZ-TE produces a maximum power of 131.8 PS (130 bhp - 96.9 kW) at 3600 rpm and a maximum torque of 289.2 Nm (213.3 lb.ft - 29.5 kg.m) at 2000 rpm. The engine power is transmitted to the road by the rear wheel drive (FR) with a 4AT gearbox. For stopping power, the Toyota Granvia 3.0DT Q excellent selection braking system includes Ventilated disk at the rear and Ventilated disk at the front. Stock tire sizes are 215/65 on 15 inch rims 96H at the rear and 215/65 on 15 inch rims 96H at the front. Chassis details - Toyota Granvia 3.0DT Q excellent selection has semi trailing arm type coil spring rear suspension and double wishbone torsion bar spring front suspension for road holding and ride confort.Add to compare list
|Complectation Name||3.0DT Q excellent selection|
|Period of Production||Aug 1997 - Jul 1999|
|Drive Wheels - Traction - Drivetrain||FR|
|Body Type||Minivan (3 row seats)|
|Transmission Gearbox - Number of Speeds||4AT|
|Engine Size - Displacement - Engine Capacity||2982 cm3 or 181.9 cu-in|
|Price of New Car in Tokyo, Yen||3715000|
TOYOTA GRANVIA 3.0DT Q EXCELLENT SELECTION SIZE, DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT
|Exterior Length||471.5 cm or 185.63 inches|
|Exterior Width||180 cm or 70.86 inches|
|Exterior Height||196.5 cm or 77.36 inches|
|Interior Length||291 cm or 114.56 inches|
|Interior Width||163.5 cm or 64.37 inches|
|Interior Height||137.5 cm or 54.13 inches|
|Wheelbase||298.5 cm or 117.51 inches|
|Front Axle Length||156 cm or 61.41 inches|
|Rear Axle Length||154 cm or 60.62 inches|
|Ride Height - Ground Clearance||19.5 cm or 7.67 inches|
|Weight||2020 kg or 4453 lbs|
|Num. of Seats||7|
|Num. of Doors||4|
|Minimum Turning Circle - Turning Diameter, m||5.5|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||19.8 US gallons|
16.4 UK gallons
TOYOTA GRANVIA 3.0DT Q EXCELLENT SELECTION ENGINE TECHNICAL DATA
|Maximum Power - Output - Horsepower||131.8 PS or 130 bhp or 96.9 kW|
|Maximum Power RPM||3600 rpm|
|Maximum Torque||289.2 Nm or 213.3 lb.ft or 29.5 kg.m|
|Maximum Torque RPM||2000 rpm|
|Engine Type - Number of Cylinders||water cooling 4 cylinder SOHC|
|Engine Additional Info||Charger|
|Fuel Type||Light oil|
|Fuel Consumption (60 km/h mode)||39.2 mpg US|
47 mpg UK
|1st Gear Ratio||2.804|
|2nd Gear Ratio||1.531|
|3rd Gear Ratio||1|
|4th Fear Ratio||0.705|
|Rear Gear Ratio||2.393|
|Bore||9.6 cm or 3.77 inches|
|Stroke||10.3 cm or 4.05 inches|
TOYOTA GRANVIA 3.0DT Q EXCELLENT SELECTION SUSPENSION
|Front Brakes - Disc Dimensions||Ventilated disk|
|Rear Brakes - Disс Dimensions||Ventilated disk|
|Front Suspension||double wishbone torsion bar spring|
|Rear Suspension||semi trailing arm type coil spring|
|Front Tyres - Rims Dimensions||215/65 R15 96H|
|Rear Tyres - Rims Dimensions||215/65 R15 96H|
|Tyres - Rims Dimensions||215 / 65 R15 96H|
TOYOTA GRANVIA 3.0DT Q EXCELLENT SELECTION EXTERIOR
|Power Adjustable Door Mirrors|
|Front Fog Lamps|
|Rear Fog Lamps|
|Ultraviolet Glass Protection|
TOYOTA GRANVIA 3.0DT Q EXCELLENT SELECTION INTERIOR
|Centralized Door Lock|
|Right Hand Drive|
|Left Hand Drive|
|Power Adjustable Seats|
|Power Ajustable Front Seat|
|Power Ajustable Back Seat|
TOYOTA GRANVIA 3.0DT Q EXCELLENT SELECTION SAFETY
|Side Impact Bar|
|Central Power Window Control|
|Additional Stop Light|
|Safety Belt Pretensioner|
|Safety Belt Limiter|
|3 Point Safety Belt|
|Child Car Restraints|
|Automatic Air Conditioning|
|Twin Conditioning System|
- Not Present (or Dealer Option)
More photos Toyota Granvia
By Brian Wong, Reviewed by: Kurt Niebuhr, Updated on November 29, 2023
Introduction to the Toyota Granvia 3.0DT QThe "1997-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.0DT Q excellent selection" represents a notable addition to Toyota's lineup during that era. This vehicle was designed to cater to those seeking a combination of space, comfort, and performance in a minivan package. The 3.0DT Q trim level, part of the excellent selection, offered a range of features and specifications that made it an appealing choice for families and individuals alike.
Produced from August 1997 to July 1999, the Toyota Granvia 3.0DT Q boasted a rear-wheel-drive (FR) drivetrain configuration, distinguishing it from its peers. As a minivan with three rows of seats, it prioritized passenger space, making it suitable for larger groups or those requiring ample interior room.
Powering this vehicle was a 3.0-liter turbocharged diesel engine with the engine code "1KZ-TE." With a maximum power output of 131.8 PS (130 bhp) at 3600 rpm and a torque rating of 289.2 Nm at 2000 rpm, it provided the necessary power for both city and highway driving.
The transmission was equipped with a 4-speed automatic gearbox (4AT), ensuring smooth shifts and ease of operation. Additionally, the Toyota Granvia 3.0DT Q excellent selection offered respectable fuel efficiency, with a fuel consumption rating of 39.2 mpg in the US or 47 mpg in the UK under 60 km/h conditions, making it a cost-effective choice for long journeys.
In terms of dimensions, this minivan measured 471.5 cm in length, 180 cm in width, and 196.5 cm in height, making it a spacious vehicle capable of accommodating seven passengers comfortably. It featured a wheelbase of 298.5 cm, providing stability and ample space between the axles.
Safety was a priority as well, with standard features including driver and passenger airbags, side impact bars, safety belt pretensioners, and a durable frame. Convenience features such as power windows, power steering, centralized door locking, and keyless entry were also part of the package.
The Toyota Granvia 3.0DT Q excellent selection was designed to offer a well-rounded driving experience, blending practicality with performance in a minivan form factor. Its unique specifications and features set it apart in its era, catering to those in search of a versatile and comfortable vehicle for various transportation needs.
Overview of the Model Years (1997-1999)During the model years 1997 to 1999, Toyota introduced the Granvia 3.0DT Q excellent selection, a vehicle that left its mark in the automotive landscape. This period witnessed the production of a minivan that combined practicality, performance, and comfort, catering to the diverse needs of drivers and passengers alike.
One of the standout features of this model was its rear-wheel-drive (FR) drivetrain configuration, which was somewhat unconventional for a minivan of its time. This setup contributed to its stability on the road and ensured a unique driving experience.
Under the hood, the Granvia 3.0DT Q was powered by a 3.0-liter turbocharged diesel engine, identified by the engine code "1KZ-TE." This engine delivered a maximum power output of 131.8 PS (130 bhp) at 3600 rpm and a torque rating of 289.2 Nm at 2000 rpm. This combination of power and torque provided adequate acceleration and performance, even when fully loaded.
The transmission system included a 4-speed automatic gearbox (4AT), simplifying gear changes and enhancing the overall driving experience. Furthermore, its commendable fuel efficiency, with a rating of 39.2 mpg in the US or 47 mpg in the UK under 60 km/h conditions, made it an economical choice for long trips.
In terms of size and dimensions, the Granvia 3.0DT Q was substantial. It measured 471.5 cm in length, 180 cm in width, and 196.5 cm in height, ensuring ample interior space. With three rows of seats, it could comfortably accommodate seven passengers, making it ideal for families and group travel.
Safety features were also a priority during these model years, with standard inclusions like driver and passenger airbags, side impact bars, and safety belt pretensioners. These safety measures helped enhance the overall protection of occupants.
The Toyota Granvia 3.0DT Q excellent selection from 1997 to 1999 provided a well-rounded package for those seeking a minivan that excelled in performance, comfort, and safety. Its unique combination of rear-wheel drive, turbocharged diesel power, and spacious interior made it a noteworthy choice in its era.
Trim Levels and VariantsThe 1997-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.0DT Q excellent selection was available in various trim levels and variants, offering a range of options to cater to diverse customer preferences and needs. These trim levels provided a choice of features and specifications, allowing buyers to select the one that best suited their requirements.
While specific details may vary by market and production year, here's an overview of some of the trim levels and variants that were typically offered during this period:
1. Base Model: The base model of the Granvia 3.0DT Q excellent selection often came equipped with standard features that provided comfort and convenience. This included power windows, power steering, centralized door locking, and keyless entry.
2. Mid-Level Trim: Some variants offered a mid-level trim, which might have included additional features like adjustable steering, wood panel accents in the interior, and an air conditioning system designed to maintain a comfortable cabin temperature.
3. High-End Variant: The high-end variant of the Granvia 3.0DT Q excellent selection typically featured a more comprehensive set of luxury and convenience features. These could include power-adjustable seats, leather upholstery, and advanced entertainment systems, such as a CD player or cassette player.
4. Safety Package: In certain markets, a safety-focused package might have been available as an option or included with specific trim levels. This package could comprise additional safety features beyond the standard airbags and side impact bars, enhancing occupant protection.
5. Wheel and Tire Options: Depending on the trim level or market, there may have been variations in wheel and tire options, allowing buyers to customize the appearance and handling of their vehicle.
It's important to note that the availability of these trim levels and variants could differ by region, and some features may have been optional extras. Buyers were often able to choose from these options to create a Granvia 3.0DT Q that aligned with their preferences for comfort, luxury, and performance.
Engine SpecificationsThe heart of the 1997-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.0DT Q excellent selection was its robust and capable engine. This minivan was powered by a 3.0-liter turbocharged diesel engine known by the engine code "1KZ-TE." This engine choice was carefully engineered to provide a balance of power and efficiency, catering to the needs of both city driving and long-distance travel.
Here are some key engine specifications for the Toyota Granvia 3.0DT Q:
- Engine Type: The 1KZ-TE engine was a water-cooled 4-cylinder SOHC (Single Overhead Camshaft) engine. This design contributed to the engine's efficiency and performance.
- Turbocharger: An important feature of this engine was its turbocharger. The turbocharger helped boost the engine's power output, providing ample torque for various driving conditions.
- Fuel Type: The engine was designed to run on light oil (diesel fuel), which is known for its energy density and efficiency.
- Maximum Power Output: The engine produced a maximum power output of 131.8 PS (130 bhp) at 3600 rpm. This power level ensured that the Granvia 3.0DT Q had sufficient acceleration and performance, even when fully loaded.
- Maximum Torque: With a torque rating of 289.2 Nm (213.3 lb.ft) at 2000 rpm, the engine delivered substantial low-end torque, making it well-suited for tasks such as towing or carrying heavy loads.
- Compression Ratio: The engine had a compression ratio of 21, a crucial factor in its combustion efficiency and overall performance.
- Fuel Efficiency: The Granvia 3.0DT Q excellent selection offered commendable fuel efficiency, with a fuel consumption rating of 39.2 mpg in the US, 47 mpg in the UK, or 6.0 L/100km under 60 km/h conditions. This efficiency helped keep operating costs in check.
- Transmission: To complement the engine's capabilities, the vehicle was equipped with a 4-speed automatic gearbox (4AT). This transmission offered smooth and hassle-free gear changes, contributing to the overall driving experience.
The engine of the 1997-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.0DT Q excellent selection was not only powerful but also designed with a focus on reliability and longevity. These engine specifications played a crucial role in making this minivan a dependable choice for a wide range of drivers and travelers.
Fuel Tank CapacityThe 1997-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.0DT Q excellent selection was designed with practicality in mind, and one of the essential aspects of practicality for any vehicle is its fuel tank capacity. This minivan was equipped with a fuel tank that could hold a significant amount of fuel, allowing drivers to cover long distances with fewer stops for refueling.
The fuel tank capacity for the Toyota Granvia 3.0DT Q excellent selection was approximately 19.8 US gallons (equivalent to 16.4 UK gallons or 75 liters). This generous fuel tank size provided an extended driving range, particularly considering the efficient diesel engine under the hood.
With this substantial fuel tank capacity, the Granvia 3.0DT Q offered the convenience of fewer trips to the fuel station, making it well-suited for extended journeys or family road trips where minimizing stops can enhance the overall travel experience. Whether used for daily commuting or cross-country adventures, the ample fuel tank capacity was a practical feature that contributed to the versatility and usability of this minivan.
Fuel Consumption RatesUnderstanding a vehicle's fuel consumption rates is crucial for budget-conscious drivers and those who aim to minimize their environmental impact. The 1997-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.0DT Q excellent selection was known for its commendable fuel efficiency, making it a practical choice for a wide range of driving scenarios.
Under standard driving conditions, the Granvia 3.0DT Q boasted impressive fuel consumption rates. Although exact figures could vary slightly depending on factors such as driving habits and terrain, it generally achieved a fuel consumption rate of approximately 39.2 miles per gallon (mpg) in the United States or 47 mpg in the United Kingdom under 60 km/h conditions. This translated to roughly 6.0 liters of fuel consumed per 100 kilometers.
This level of fuel efficiency was a standout feature of the Granvia 3.0DT Q, particularly considering its size and capacity. It meant that drivers could cover considerable distances on a single tank of fuel, reducing the frequency of refueling stops and potentially saving money on fuel expenses.
The combination of a fuel-efficient engine, aerodynamic design, and thoughtful engineering contributed to these favorable fuel consumption rates. Whether used for daily commuting, family outings, or long-distance travel, the Granvia 3.0DT Q excellent selection offered a balance of performance and efficiency, aligning with the needs of drivers seeking both power and economy in a minivan.
Fuel Efficiency (MPG)Fuel efficiency, often measured in miles per gallon (MPG), is a critical factor for many car buyers, and the 1997-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.0DT Q excellent selection didn't disappoint in this regard. This minivan offered an impressive MPG rating, which made it an economical choice for both urban and long-distance driving.
Under standard driving conditions, the Granvia 3.0DT Q delivered approximately 39.2 miles per gallon (MPG) in the United States or 47 MPG in the United Kingdom when driving at speeds of around 60 km/h. These figures demonstrated the vehicle's efficiency in terms of fuel consumption.
This level of fuel efficiency was particularly notable for a minivan, which is known for its larger size and passenger-carrying capacity. The 3.0-liter turbocharged diesel engine, combined with aerodynamic design and thoughtful engineering, contributed to these favorable MPG ratings.
For drivers concerned about fuel expenses or those who wanted to reduce their carbon footprint, the Granvia 3.0DT Q offered a compelling option. It allowed for more extended journeys on a single tank of fuel, minimizing the need for frequent stops at gas stations and providing peace of mind on longer road trips.
The Granvia 3.0DT Q's ability to deliver such impressive fuel efficiency while maintaining performance and comfort made it a practical choice for a variety of driving scenarios, from daily commuting to family vacations.
Dimensions and SizesThe dimensions and sizes of the 1997-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.0DT Q excellent selection were carefully designed to provide ample interior space while maintaining maneuverability on the road. These measurements ensured that passengers could enjoy a comfortable ride, and the driver could navigate various driving scenarios with ease.
Here are the key dimensions and sizes of the Toyota Granvia 3.0DT Q:
- Exterior Length: The minivan measured approximately 471.5 centimeters (185.63 inches) in length. This length provided enough space for three rows of seats while still maintaining a manageable overall size.
- Exterior Width: With a width of about 180 centimeters (70.86 inches), the Granvia 3.0DT Q offered a spacious cabin and road presence without being overly wide.
- Exterior Height: The height of the vehicle was around 196.5 centimeters (77.36 inches), allowing for ample headroom inside the cabin and contributing to its commanding presence on the road.
- Interior Length: Inside the vehicle, passengers had access to approximately 291 centimeters (114.56 inches) of length, ensuring sufficient legroom and comfort, especially for rear-seat occupants.
- Interior Width: The interior width measured approximately 163.5 centimeters (64.37 inches), providing room for passengers to sit comfortably without feeling cramped.
- Interior Height: With an interior height of around 137.5 centimeters (54.13 inches), the cabin offered generous headroom for all passengers, enhancing overall comfort.
- Wheelbase: The wheelbase, the distance between the front and rear axles, was approximately 298.5 centimeters (117.51 inches). This dimension contributed to the vehicle's stability and balanced handling.
- Ride Height - Ground Clearance: The Granvia 3.0DT Q had a ground clearance of about 19.5 centimeters (7.67 inches), allowing it to navigate various road conditions without bottoming out.
- Weight: The vehicle had a weight of approximately 2020 kilograms (4453 pounds), which was essential for stability and road handling.
- Number of Seats: The Granvia 3.0DT Q was designed to accommodate up to seven passengers comfortably, making it suitable for larger families or group travel.
- Number of Doors: It featured four doors, providing easy access to the front and rear passenger compartments.
- Minimum Turning Circle - Turning Diameter: The vehicle had a minimum turning circle of about 5.5 meters, which contributed to its maneuverability in urban settings.
These dimensions and sizes collectively made the Toyota Granvia 3.0DT Q excellent selection a practical and versatile minivan. Its spacious interior and well-balanced exterior dimensions struck a harmonious balance between passenger comfort and on-road agility.
Wheel OptionsThe wheel options available for the 1997-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.0DT Q excellent selection allowed buyers to tailor the minivan's appearance and performance to their preferences. These wheel choices provided both functional and aesthetic benefits, contributing to the overall driving experience and visual appeal of the vehicle.
While specific wheel options could vary by market and production year, some common wheel specifications and choices for the Granvia 3.0DT Q included:
- Wheel Size: The typical wheel size for this minivan was 15 inches in diameter. This size balanced ride comfort and handling performance, offering a smooth and controlled driving experience.
- Tire Dimensions: The standard tire dimensions for the Granvia 3.0DT Q were 215/65 R15 96H. These dimensions represented the tire's width, aspect ratio, and radial design, which collectively influenced the vehicle's grip on the road and ride quality.
- Alloy Wheels: Depending on the trim level and market, alloy wheels might have been offered as an option. Alloy wheels were known for their lightweight and stylish design, enhancing the vehicle's visual appeal.
- Steel Wheels: Steel wheels were often provided as standard equipment. These wheels were durable and practical, suitable for daily driving and adverse road conditions.
- Wheel Design: The design of the wheels, whether alloy or steel, could vary in terms of spoke patterns and finishes. These design choices allowed buyers to add a personal touch to their Granvia 3.0DT Q's exterior appearance.
Wheel options provided an opportunity for customization, enabling owners to select the wheel type that best suited their preferences and driving needs. Whether prioritizing aesthetics, durability, or cost-effectiveness, the availability of different wheel choices ensured that the Toyota Granvia 3.0DT Q excellent selection could cater to a wide range of tastes and requirements.
Conclusion: The 1997-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.0DT QThe 1997-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.0DT Q excellent selection represented a well-rounded and practical choice in the minivan segment during its production years. This vehicle combined a host of features and specifications that catered to a broad spectrum of drivers and passengers.
With its rear-wheel-drive (FR) drivetrain, it provided stability and a unique driving experience for a minivan. The 3.0-liter turbocharged diesel engine, denoted by the engine code "1KZ-TE," delivered a balance of power and efficiency, making it suitable for various driving scenarios.
Fuel efficiency was a strong suit of the Granvia 3.0DT Q, offering impressive miles per gallon (MPG) ratings under standard driving conditions. This translated to fewer refueling stops and cost savings for owners.
In terms of size, the Granvia 3.0DT Q offered a spacious interior with three rows of seats, accommodating up to seven passengers comfortably. Safety features such as airbags, side impact bars, and safety belt pretensioners contributed to occupant protection.
Wheel options allowed buyers to customize the minivan's appearance and performance to their liking, further enhancing its versatility.
Overall, the 1997-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.0DT Q excellent selection stood out as a practical and reliable choice for those seeking a minivan that excelled in performance, comfort, and safety. Its unique combination of rear-wheel drive, turbocharged diesel power, and spacious interior made it a noteworthy option in its era. Whether used for family transportation, long-distance travel, or urban commuting, the Granvia 3.0DT Q offered a well-rounded package that catered to diverse driving needs.
Frequently Asked Questions About the 1997-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.0DT Q excellent selection
What are the key differences between the 1997 and 1999 Toyota Granvia 3.0DT Q excellent selection models?
How many trim levels were offered for the Toyota Granvia 3.0DT Q excellent selection during these years?
Did the Toyota Granvia 3.0DT Q excellent selection come with different engine options?
Were there any notable changes or improvements in the Toyota Granvia 3.0DT Q excellent selection across generations?
What complies with the "excellent selection" designation in the Toyota Granvia 3.0DT Q?
How does the fuel efficiency of the Toyota Granvia 3.0DT Q excellent selection compare to other minivans of its time?
What were the safety features included in the Toyota Granvia 3.0DT Q excellent selection?
Can you describe the suspension system in the Toyota Granvia 3.0DT Q excellent selection?
What were the available wheel options for the Toyota Granvia 3.0DT Q excellent selection?
How spacious was the interior of the Toyota Granvia 3.0DT Q excellent selection?
Brian Wong / Author
Brian Wong is an accomplished automotive journalist and editor with a passion for cars. With over a decade of experience in the industry, he has established himself as a trusted voice in the automotive community. Brian has written extensively about a wide range of topics in the field, from the latest trends in car design to innovative safety features and emerging technologies. As a senior reviews editor, he is responsible for test driving and analyzing the latest cars on the market, providing readers with accurate and objective reviews. His articles are widely read and respected for their depth of knowledge and analysis. Brian is committed to staying at the forefront of the latest developments in the automotive industry, and is dedicated to sharing his expertise and insights with his readers.