1997 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G Specs
With a fuel consumption of 16.6 mpg US - 20 mpg UK - 14.1 L/100km, a weight of 4475 lbs (2030 kg), the Toyota Granvia 3.4 G has a water cooling V-type 6 cylinder DOHC24 valve engine, a Regular gasoline engine 5VZ-FE. This engine 5VZ-FE produces a maximum power of 182.4 PS (180 bhp - 134.2 kW) at 4800 rpm and a maximum torque of 299.1 Nm (220.6 lb.ft - 30.5 kg.m) at 3600 rpm. The engine power is transmitted to the road by the four wheel drive (4WD) with a 4AT gearbox. For stopping power, the Toyota Granvia 3.4 G braking system includes Ventilated disk at the rear and Ventilated disk at the front. Stock tire sizes are 215/70 on 15 inch rims 98S at the rear and 215/70 on 15 inch rims 98S at the front. Chassis details - Toyota Granvia 3.4 G has semi trailing arm type coil spring rear suspension and double wishbone torsion bar spring front suspension for road holding and ride confort.Add to compare list
|Complectation Name||3.4 G|
|Period of Production||Aug 1997 - Apr 1998|
|Drive Wheels - Traction - Drivetrain||4WD|
|Body Type||Minivan (3 row seats)|
|Transmission Gearbox - Number of Speeds||4AT|
|Engine Size - Displacement - Engine Capacity||3378 cm3 or 206.1 cu-in|
|Price of New Car in Tokyo, Yen||3162000|
TOYOTA GRANVIA 3.4 G SIZE, DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT
|Exterior Length||471.5 cm or 185.63 inches|
|Exterior Width||180 cm or 70.86 inches|
|Exterior Height||199.5 cm or 78.54 inches|
|Interior Length||291 cm or 114.56 inches|
|Interior Width||163.5 cm or 64.37 inches|
|Interior Height||137.5 cm or 54.13 inches|
|Wheelbase||298.5 cm or 117.51 inches|
|Front Axle Length||155 cm or 61.02 inches|
|Rear Axle Length||154 cm or 60.62 inches|
|Ride Height - Ground Clearance||18 cm or 7.08 inches|
|Weight||2030 kg or 4475 lbs|
|Num. of Seats||8|
|Num. of Doors||4|
|Minimum Turning Circle - Turning Diameter, m||6.3|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||19.8 US gallons|
16.4 UK gallons
TOYOTA GRANVIA 3.4 G ENGINE TECHNICAL DATA
|Maximum Power - Output - Horsepower||182.4 PS or 180 bhp or 134.2 kW|
|Maximum Power RPM||4800 rpm|
|Maximum Torque||299.1 Nm or 220.6 lb.ft or 30.5 kg.m|
|Maximum Torque RPM||3600 rpm|
|Engine Type - Number of Cylinders||water cooling V-type 6 cylinder DOHC24 valve|
|Fuel Type||Regular gasoline|
|Fuel Consumption (10/15 mode)||16.6 mpg US|
20 mpg UK
|Fuel Consumption (60 km/h mode)||28.6 mpg US|
34.4 mpg UK
|1st Gear Ratio||2.804|
|2nd Gear Ratio||1.531|
|3rd Gear Ratio||1|
|4th Fear Ratio||0.753|
|Rear Gear Ratio||2.393|
|Bore||9.4 cm or 3.7 inches|
|Stroke||8.2 cm or 3.22 inches|
TOYOTA GRANVIA 3.4 G SUSPENSION
|Front Brakes - Disc Dimensions||Ventilated disk|
|Rear Brakes - Disс Dimensions||Ventilated disk|
|Front Suspension||double wishbone torsion bar spring|
|Rear Suspension||semi trailing arm type coil spring|
|Front Tyres - Rims Dimensions||215/70 R15 98S|
|Rear Tyres - Rims Dimensions||215/70 R15 98S|
|Tyres - Rims Dimensions||215 / 70 R15 98S|
TOYOTA GRANVIA 3.4 G EXTERIOR
|Power Adjustable Door Mirrors|
|Front Fog Lamps|
|Rear Fog Lamps|
|Ultraviolet Glass Protection|
TOYOTA GRANVIA 3.4 G INTERIOR
|Centralized Door Lock|
|Right Hand Drive|
|Left Hand Drive|
|Power Adjustable Seats|
|Power Ajustable Front Seat|
|Power Ajustable Back Seat|
TOYOTA GRANVIA 3.4 G SAFETY
|Side Impact Bar|
|Central Power Window Control|
|Additional Stop Light|
|Safety Belt Pretensioner|
|Safety Belt Limiter|
|3 Point Safety Belt|
|Child Car Restraints|
|Automatic Air Conditioning|
|Twin Conditioning System|
- Not Present (or Dealer Option)
More photos Toyota Granvia
By Brian Wong, Reviewed by: Kurt Niebuhr, Updated on November 29, 2023
Overview and IntroductionThe 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G is a minivan that offers a spacious interior and comfortable seating for up to eight passengers. It was produced from August 1997 to April 1998, providing a reliable and practical option for families or individuals in need of a versatile vehicle.
Equipped with a 4WD drivetrain, the Granvia 3.4 G ensures enhanced traction and stability on various road conditions. Its body type features a three-row seating configuration, allowing ample space for passengers and their belongings.
The transmission gearbox of the Granvia 3.4 G consists of four speeds, ensuring smooth and efficient gear transitions. Under the hood, this model is powered by a 3.4-liter V6 engine with a displacement of 3378 cm3. The engine, with the code 5VZ-FE, delivers a maximum power output of 182.4 PS (180 bhp) and a torque of 299.1 Nm (220.6 lb.ft).
In terms of size and dimensions, the Granvia 3.4 G measures approximately 471.5 cm (185.63 inches) in length, 180 cm (70.86 inches) in width, and 199.5 cm (78.54 inches) in height. The wheelbase spans 298.5 cm (117.51 inches), providing stability and a comfortable ride.
Inside the cabin, the Granvia 3.4 G offers an interior length of 291 cm (114.56 inches), an interior width of 163.5 cm (64.37 inches), and an interior height of 137.5 cm (54.13 inches). The spacious interior allows passengers to enjoy a comfortable journey.
With a weight of 2030 kg (4475 lbs), the Granvia 3.4 G provides a solid and stable feel on the road. It comes with eight seats and four doors, making it convenient for larger groups or families.
The fuel tank capacity of the Granvia 3.4 G is approximately 19.8 US gallons (16.4 UK gallons or 75 liters), ensuring a decent range before refueling. It has a minimum turning circle of 6.3 meters, allowing for maneuverability in tight spaces.
Overall, the 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G combines practicality, reliability, and spaciousness, making it a suitable choice for those seeking a versatile minivan. Its robust engine, comfortable interior, and 4WD drivetrain contribute to a well-rounded driving experience without compromising on safety and comfort.
Exterior Dimensions and SizesThe 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G exhibits a well-proportioned and spacious exterior design, making it an appealing option for those in need of a minivan with ample room for passengers and cargo.
Measuring approximately 471.5 cm (185.63 inches) in length, 180 cm (70.86 inches) in width, and 199.5 cm (78.54 inches) in height, the Granvia 3.4 G showcases a substantial presence on the road. Its exterior dimensions contribute to its spacious interior, allowing passengers to move comfortably within the vehicle.
The wheelbase of the Granvia 3.4 G spans about 298.5 cm (117.51 inches), enhancing stability and contributing to a smooth ride quality. With a minimum turning circle of 6.3 meters, this minivan demonstrates agility and maneuverability, particularly in urban environments or tight parking spaces.
The exterior of the Granvia 3.4 G features four doors, providing convenient access for passengers. The body type is classified as a minivan, which allows for three rows of seats, accommodating a total of eight individuals. The versatile seating configuration enables a comfortable and flexible passenger experience.
Additionally, the Granvia 3.4 G boasts a ride height and ground clearance of 18 cm (7.08 inches), ensuring ample clearance for obstacles and uneven terrain. This feature contributes to the vehicle's capability to navigate various road conditions with ease.
Overall, the 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G exhibits well-proportioned exterior dimensions, emphasizing its spaciousness and practicality as a minivan. Its length, width, height, wheelbase, and minimum turning circle all contribute to a comfortable and maneuverable driving experience.
Interior Dimensions and Seating CapacityThe interior of the 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G is designed to provide a spacious and comfortable environment for occupants, accommodating up to eight passengers. With its well-thought-out dimensions, this minivan ensures ample room for individuals and their belongings.
The interior length of the Granvia 3.4 G measures approximately 291 cm (114.56 inches), offering generous legroom for both front and rear passengers. The interior width spans about 163.5 cm (64.37 inches), allowing for comfortable seating arrangements and ease of movement within the cabin.
The interior height of the Granvia 3.4 G is approximately 137.5 cm (54.13 inches), providing sufficient headroom for occupants of varying heights. This feature contributes to a spacious and airy feel within the vehicle.
With a total of three rows of seats, the Granvia 3.4 G ensures seating capacity for up to eight passengers. The versatile seating configuration allows for flexibility in accommodating both passengers and cargo. The minivan's interior is designed to prioritize comfort, convenience, and a pleasant travel experience for all occupants.
The Granvia 3.4 G features power-adjustable front seats, allowing drivers and passengers to find their preferred seating positions. The adjustable steering column further enhances the customization options, ensuring a comfortable driving position for the driver.
Overall, the 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G offers a well-designed interior with spacious dimensions and a seating capacity of up to eight individuals. Its interior length, width, and height, coupled with adjustable seats and steering, contribute to a comfortable and accommodating environment for both short and long journeys.
Engine Specifications and PerformanceThe 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G is equipped with a powerful and reliable 3.4-liter V6 engine, known as the 5VZ-FE. This engine configuration ensures strong performance and a smooth driving experience for the minivan.
The 5VZ-FE engine delivers a maximum power output of approximately 182.4 PS (180 bhp) and generates a torque of around 299.1 Nm (220.6 lb.ft). The engine is designed with water cooling and features a V-type 6-cylinder configuration, along with a DOHC 24-valve setup. This design contributes to efficient combustion and optimal power delivery.
With a displacement of 3378 cm3 (206.1 cu-in), the Granvia 3.4 G's engine provides a balance of power and fuel efficiency. The compression ratio is set at 10, ensuring effective utilization of fuel for combustion.
The engine's performance characteristics enable the Granvia 3.4 G to deliver a satisfying driving experience. It offers smooth acceleration and ample power for various driving situations, such as highway cruising and city driving. The torque produced by the engine contributes to strong low-end and mid-range performance, allowing for confident overtaking and hill-climbing capabilities.
The 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G is also designed with fuel efficiency in mind. In the 10/15 mode, it achieves a fuel consumption rate of approximately 16.6 mpg US (20 mpg UK or 14.1 L/100km). In the 60 km/h mode, the minivan achieves a fuel consumption rate of around 28.6 mpg US (34.4 mpg UK or 8.2 L/100km). These figures indicate a balance between performance and fuel economy.
Overall, the engine specifications and performance of the 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G showcase a well-engineered powertrain that offers a blend of power, efficiency, and reliability. Whether cruising on the highway or navigating urban roads, the Granvia 3.4 G's engine provides a capable and enjoyable driving experience.
Fuel Tank Capacity and Fuel CapacityThe 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G is equipped with a fuel tank capacity that allows for a decent range before refueling. The fuel tank has a capacity of approximately 19.8 US gallons (16.4 UK gallons or 75 liters), ensuring that drivers can cover a significant distance before needing to visit a fuel station.
With its fuel capacity, the Granvia 3.4 G offers convenience and practicality for both short trips and longer journeys. The size of the fuel tank provides a balance between capacity and weight, allowing for a comfortable driving experience without sacrificing fuel efficiency.
The fuel tank capacity of the Granvia 3.4 G ensures that drivers can enjoy uninterrupted travel and reduces the need for frequent refueling stops. This feature is particularly useful during long drives or when traveling to areas with limited access to fuel stations.
It's important to note that fuel consumption may vary depending on driving conditions, driving style, and other factors. However, the fuel tank capacity of the Granvia 3.4 G offers a suitable amount of fuel to accommodate various driving needs.
In summary, the 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G comes with a fuel tank capacity of approximately 19.8 US gallons (16.4 UK gallons or 75 liters). This capacity ensures a reasonable range before refueling, providing convenience and flexibility for drivers, whether on short trips or longer journeys.
Fuel Consumption and Average MPGThe 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G demonstrates a reasonable fuel consumption rate, providing a balance between performance and efficiency. The minivan offers different fuel consumption figures based on specific driving conditions.
In the 10/15 mode, which simulates a combination of city and highway driving, the Granvia 3.4 G achieves an average fuel consumption rate of approximately 16.6 mpg US (20 mpg UK or 14.1 L/100km). This figure represents the fuel efficiency during typical urban and suburban driving scenarios, where frequent stops and starts are common.
For more fuel-efficient highway driving at a constant speed of 60 km/h, the Granvia 3.4 G achieves an average fuel consumption rate of around 28.6 mpg US (34.4 mpg UK or 8.2 L/100km). This mode represents steady-state cruising conditions, where the minivan can optimize fuel efficiency.
The fuel consumption figures mentioned above provide an estimate of the Granvia 3.4 G's efficiency under standardized test conditions. However, real-world fuel consumption can vary depending on various factors, including driving style, traffic conditions, terrain, and payload.
The Granvia 3.4 G's fuel consumption figures indicate a balance between power and efficiency, making it suitable for both urban commuting and longer journeys. The vehicle's design and engine specifications contribute to its overall fuel efficiency, allowing drivers to travel more miles on a single tank of fuel.
It's important to note that individual driving habits and conditions can significantly influence actual fuel consumption. By adopting fuel-efficient driving techniques, such as smooth acceleration, maintaining steady speeds, and proper vehicle maintenance, drivers can optimize fuel efficiency and further reduce fuel consumption.
In conclusion, the 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G offers a reasonable fuel consumption rate, with an average of approximately 16.6 mpg US (20 mpg UK or 14.1 L/100km) in the 10/15 mode and around 28.6 mpg US (34.4 mpg UK or 8.2 L/100km) in the 60 km/h mode. These figures provide a reliable estimate of the minivan's fuel efficiency under standardized conditions, although actual fuel consumption may vary based on driving habits and conditions.
Transmission Options and EfficiencyThe 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G offers a reliable and efficient transmission system that contributes to its overall performance and fuel efficiency. The minivan is equipped with a four-speed automatic transmission, providing smooth gear transitions and ease of operation.
The four-speed automatic transmission offers a good balance between power delivery and fuel efficiency. It allows the Granvia 3.4 G to deliver optimal performance in various driving conditions. The transmission system is designed to optimize gear ratios, ensuring efficient power transfer from the engine to the wheels.
The automatic transmission enhances the driving experience by providing seamless gear shifts, allowing for smooth acceleration and responsive performance. The four-speed configuration ensures that the engine operates within its optimal RPM range, contributing to improved fuel efficiency.
Efficiency is a key aspect of the Granvia 3.4 G's transmission system. The four-speed automatic transmission optimizes gear ratios to match driving conditions and load requirements, allowing for efficient power delivery while minimizing fuel consumption.
The transmission system's efficiency also contributes to a comfortable driving experience. The smooth and precise gear changes, coupled with the minivan's well-tuned suspension, ensure a refined ride quality for both driver and passengers.
Additionally, the four-speed automatic transmission offers convenience and ease of use. It eliminates the need for manual gear shifting, allowing drivers to focus on the road and enjoy a stress-free driving experience.
Overall, the 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G's transmission system, with its four-speed automatic configuration, provides efficient power delivery and enhances the driving experience. The system optimizes gear ratios to maximize performance and fuel efficiency, while also offering convenience and smooth operation for the driver.
Trim Levels and Available FeaturesThe 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G offers a range of trim levels, each with its own set of features and options, allowing drivers to choose the configuration that best suits their preferences and needs. Let's explore some of the available trim levels and the features they offer:
1. Base Trim: The base trim of the Granvia 3.4 G comes well-equipped with standard features that enhance comfort and convenience. These may include power windows, power steering, tachometer, centralized door lock, adjustable steering column, and wood panel accents, adding a touch of sophistication to the interior.
2. Upgrade Trim: The upgrade trim level of the Granvia 3.4 G builds upon the features of the base trim, offering additional enhancements. This may include amenities such as cruise control, power-adjustable front seats for personalized comfort, and a reclining seat option, allowing passengers to find their preferred seating position.
3. Advanced Trim: The advanced trim level of the Granvia 3.4 G may include more advanced features, adding a touch of luxury and convenience. These features could include leather-wrapped steering wheel, telescopic steering adjustment, and power-adjustable back seats, providing extra comfort for rear passengers.
4. Technology Package: For those seeking advanced technology features, the Granvia 3.4 G may offer a technology package as an optional upgrade. This package could include features like an upgraded infotainment system with a CD player or CD changer, providing an enhanced audio experience during journeys.
5. Safety Package: The Granvia 3.4 G may also offer a safety package as an optional upgrade, emphasizing occupant safety. This package could include additional safety features such as side airbags, traction control system (TCS) for enhanced stability, and parking radar for improved maneuverability and parking assistance.
It's important to note that the availability of trim levels and features may vary depending on the specific market and region. It is recommended to consult with local Toyota dealerships or official Toyota documentation to determine the exact trim levels and features available for the 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G in your area.
The range of available trim levels and features in the 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G allows drivers to select a configuration that suits their preferences, providing comfort, convenience, and even advanced technology options to enhance their driving experience.
Safety Features and RatingsThe 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G prioritizes safety with a range of features designed to protect occupants in the event of a collision or accident. While specific safety features may vary depending on the market and region, let's explore some of the commonly available safety features and ratings:
1. Airbags: The Granvia 3.4 G is equipped with driver and passenger airbags as standard safety features. These airbags are designed to provide additional protection in the event of a frontal collision.
2. Side Impact Bar: The minivan is designed with side impact bars, reinforcing the body structure to provide enhanced protection to occupants in the event of a side collision.
3. Safety Belt Systems: The Granvia 3.4 G is equipped with 3-point safety belts for all seating positions, including front and rear seats. These safety belts help to secure passengers in place during a collision, minimizing the risk of injury.
4. Safety Belt Pretensioner: The minivan may feature safety belt pretensioners, which automatically tighten the safety belts in the event of a sudden stop or collision. This feature helps to reduce the forward movement of occupants, offering improved protection.
5. Safety Belt Limiter: Some versions of the Granvia 3.4 G may also include safety belt limiters. These devices are designed to limit the force exerted by the safety belts, reducing the risk of injury during a collision.
6. Child Car Restraints: The Granvia 3.4 G is equipped with child car restraints, ensuring the safety of younger passengers. These restraints help secure child seats in place, providing added protection for infants and children.
7. Safety Ratings: While specific safety ratings may not be available for the 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G, the vehicle's safety features and construction are designed to meet or exceed safety standards set by regulatory authorities.
It's important to note that safety features and ratings can vary depending on the specific market and region. For the most accurate and up-to-date information, it is recommended to consult local Toyota dealerships or official Toyota documentation to understand the exact safety features and ratings applicable to the Granvia 3.4 G in your area.
Overall, the 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G emphasizes safety with features such as airbags, side impact bars, safety belt systems, and child car restraints. These safety features aim to provide occupants with a secure and protected driving experience.
Wheel Options and Tire SizesThe 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G offers a variety of wheel options and tire sizes, allowing drivers to customize the appearance and performance of their minivan. Let's explore some of the available wheel options and compatible tire sizes:
1. Standard Wheels: The Granvia 3.4 G may come equipped with standard wheels as part of the base trim. These wheels are designed to meet the performance and aesthetic requirements of the vehicle. The specific size and design of the standard wheels may vary depending on the market and region.
2. Wheel Options: Toyota may offer various wheel options as upgrades or as part of specific trim levels. These options may include different designs, finishes, and sizes to suit individual preferences. Examples of wheel options may include alloy wheels, chrome-finished wheels, or sportier designs.
3. Tire Sizes: The tire sizes compatible with the Granvia 3.4 G can vary depending on the wheel option chosen. Some common tire sizes for the Granvia 3.4 G include 215/70 R15 98S. These numbers represent the width, aspect ratio, and diameter of the tire, providing an optimal balance of performance, comfort, and handling characteristics.
It's important to note that the availability of wheel options and tire sizes may vary depending on the specific market and region. It is recommended to consult with local Toyota dealerships or official Toyota documentation to determine the exact wheel options and tire sizes available for the 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G in your area.
The range of wheel options and tire sizes available for the 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G provides drivers with the opportunity to customize the appearance and performance of their minivan. Whether seeking a standard wheel option or upgrading to a different design, the Granvia 3.4 G offers flexibility in selecting the wheel and tire combination that suits individual preferences and driving needs.
Infotainment and Technology FeaturesThe 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G incorporates a range of infotainment and technology features to enhance the driving experience and provide convenience for occupants. Let's explore some of the available features:
1. Radio: The Granvia 3.4 G comes equipped with a standard radio system, allowing occupants to listen to their favorite AM/FM radio stations during their journeys.
2. Autoreverse Cassette: Some versions of the Granvia 3.4 G may feature an autoreverse cassette player, providing the option to play audio cassettes for those who still enjoy this format.
3. CD Player: Depending on the trim level or optional packages, the Granvia 3.4 G may offer a CD player, allowing occupants to enjoy their favorite music or audio CDs while on the road.
4. CD Changer: Higher trim levels or optional upgrades may include a CD changer, enabling drivers to load multiple CDs for extended listening pleasure without the need to change discs frequently.
5. MD Player: Some versions of the Granvia 3.4 G may offer an MD (MiniDisc) player as an optional feature. This technology allows for the playback of MiniDiscs, providing an alternative audio format.
6. MD Changer: As an optional upgrade, the Granvia 3.4 G may offer an MD changer, allowing for multiple MiniDiscs to be loaded and played consecutively without the need for manual disc swapping.
7. Audio Controls: The Granvia 3.4 G may feature audio controls conveniently located on the steering wheel, enabling the driver to adjust volume, change tracks, or switch radio stations without taking their hands off the wheel.
It's important to note that the availability of specific infotainment and technology features may vary depending on the market and region. For the most accurate information on the available features, it is recommended to consult local Toyota dealerships or official Toyota documentation.
Overall, the 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G offers a range of infotainment and technology features, including a radio system, autoreverse cassette player, CD player, CD changer, MD player, and MD changer. These features provide occupants with entertainment options and convenience during their journeys.
Cargo Space and Storage CapacityThe 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G offers ample cargo space and storage capacity, making it a practical choice for individuals or families with a need for transporting goods or luggage. The minivan's design prioritizes versatility and functionality, allowing for convenient storage options.
The cargo space of the Granvia 3.4 G is located at the rear of the vehicle, accessible through the rear doors or tailgate. This area provides enough room to accommodate a significant amount of cargo or luggage, making it suitable for various purposes, such as grocery shopping, road trips, or transporting bulky items.
The minivan's three-row seating configuration offers flexibility when it comes to cargo and passenger combinations. The rear seats can be folded down or removed, providing additional space for larger items or expanding the cargo capacity as needed. This adaptability allows for customized storage solutions to suit individual needs.
In addition to the main cargo area, the Granvia 3.4 G offers several storage compartments throughout the cabin. These compartments provide convenient spaces for smaller items such as personal belongings, electronic devices, or everyday essentials. Examples of storage compartments may include glove compartments, door pockets, cup holders, and center console storage.
The Granvia 3.4 G's cargo space and storage capacity are designed to accommodate the needs of individuals or families who require ample room for both passengers and their belongings. Whether it's for everyday errands or longer trips, the minivan offers practical solutions for transporting items, ensuring convenience and versatility.
It's important to note that the exact cargo space and storage capacity may vary depending on the specific model and trim level of the Granvia 3.4 G. For precise measurements and specifications, it is recommended to consult with local Toyota dealerships or official Toyota documentation to determine the exact cargo space and storage options available for the 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G in your area.
Overall, the 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G provides generous cargo space and storage capacity, allowing for the transportation of goods, luggage, and everyday items. Its versatile seating configuration and well-designed storage compartments enhance convenience and practicality, making it a suitable choice for individuals or families with diverse storage needs.
Suspension and Handling CharacteristicsThe 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G is designed to deliver a comfortable and composed driving experience, thanks to its suspension system and handling characteristics. The suspension and handling of the Granvia 3.4 G work together to ensure stability, smoothness, and responsive control on various road surfaces.
The front suspension of the Granvia 3.4 G utilizes a double wishbone torsion bar spring setup. This configuration helps absorb road imperfections, providing a comfortable ride for both the driver and passengers. The torsion bar springs offer good suspension travel, allowing the vehicle to maintain stability even on uneven or bumpy roads.
At the rear, the Granvia 3.4 G is equipped with a semi-trailing arm type coil spring suspension. This design further enhances the vehicle's stability and handling characteristics. The coil springs contribute to the smoothness of the ride, effectively absorbing bumps and minimizing road vibrations.
The combination of the front double wishbone torsion bar spring suspension and the rear semi-trailing arm type coil spring suspension ensures balanced handling and precise control. The suspension system is tuned to strike a harmonious balance between comfort and responsiveness, providing a pleasurable driving experience.
The Granvia 3.4 G's suspension system works in tandem with its well-tuned steering, offering predictable and responsive handling. The steering is designed to provide accurate feedback and a confident feel, allowing the driver to maneuver the minivan with ease.
Furthermore, the Granvia 3.4 G features a durable frame that contributes to its overall stability and structural integrity. This sturdy construction enhances the vehicle's handling characteristics and safety by providing a solid foundation.
The suspension and handling characteristics of the 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G are carefully engineered to deliver a comfortable and controlled ride. The combination of its front double wishbone torsion bar spring suspension, rear semi-trailing arm type coil spring suspension, and well-tuned steering ensures a balanced driving experience with smoothness, stability, and responsive control on the road.
Maintenance and Service IntervalsProper maintenance and regular servicing are essential for keeping the 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G in optimal condition and ensuring its longevity. Adhering to the recommended maintenance schedule helps to prevent potential issues and ensures the minivan continues to perform reliably. Here are some general guidelines regarding maintenance and service intervals for the Granvia 3.4 G:
1. Oil Changes: Regular oil changes are crucial for maintaining the engine's performance and longevity. It is recommended to follow the manufacturer's guidelines for the specific type of oil and the interval at which it should be changed. Typically, oil changes are performed every 5,000 to 7,500 miles or every six months, whichever comes first.
2. Fluid Checks: Regularly checking and topping up essential fluids such as coolant, brake fluid, power steering fluid, and transmission fluid is important for proper functioning and longevity of various systems in the Granvia 3.4 G. It is recommended to consult the owner's manual for specific fluid types and intervals for checking and replacing them.
3. Filters Replacement: Air filters, fuel filters, and cabin air filters should be inspected and replaced according to the manufacturer's recommendations. Clean filters ensure proper airflow, fuel efficiency, and clean air circulation inside the cabin. It is typically recommended to replace these filters every 15,000 to 30,000 miles or as specified in the owner's manual.
4. Tire Maintenance: Regularly inspecting and maintaining proper tire pressure is crucial for safety and optimal handling. It is recommended to check tire pressure at least once a month and adjust it to the manufacturer's recommended levels. Additionally, rotating the tires periodically helps ensure even wear and extends their lifespan.
5. Brake System: The Granvia 3.4 G's brake system should be inspected regularly to ensure optimal performance and safety. This includes checking brake pads, brake fluid levels, and the condition of the brake lines. The specific intervals for brake system maintenance may vary, so consulting the owner's manual or a certified technician is recommended.
6. Battery Maintenance: Inspecting the battery regularly and ensuring the terminals are clean and securely connected is important for reliable starting and electrical system performance. It is also beneficial to check the battery's charge level and perform a load test if necessary.
7. Scheduled Maintenance: Following the manufacturer's recommended scheduled maintenance intervals is crucial for the overall well-being of the Granvia 3.4 G. This includes inspections, adjustments, and replacements of various components and systems at specific mileage or time intervals.
It's important to note that the specific maintenance and service intervals may vary depending on factors such as driving conditions, climate, and individual vehicle usage. Consulting the owner's manual or reaching out to a certified Toyota service center can provide the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding maintenance and service intervals for the 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G.
By adhering to the recommended maintenance schedule and promptly addressing any issues or concerns, owners can ensure that their Granvia 3.4 G remains reliable, performs optimally, and enjoys a long service life.
Conclusion and Final ThoughtsThe 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G is a reliable and versatile minivan that offers a range of features and capabilities to meet the needs of individuals and families. With its spacious interior, comfortable seating, and ample cargo space, it provides a comfortable and practical driving experience.
The Granvia 3.4 G is equipped with a powerful 3.4-liter engine that delivers smooth and efficient performance. Its suspension system, comprising of a double wishbone torsion bar spring setup at the front and a semi-trailing arm type coil spring suspension at the rear, ensures a comfortable and stable ride.
In terms of safety, the Granvia 3.4 G prioritizes the well-being of its occupants. With features like airbags, side impact bars, safety belt systems, and child car restraints, it offers protection and peace of mind on the road.
The minivan also incorporates various technology and infotainment features, including a radio system, autoreverse cassette player, CD player, and optional upgrades such as a CD changer or MD player. These features add convenience and entertainment to the driving experience.
Maintenance and regular servicing are key to keeping the Granvia 3.4 G in optimal condition. Adhering to the recommended maintenance schedule, including oil changes, fluid checks, filter replacements, and tire maintenance, helps ensure its reliability and longevity.
Overall, the 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G is a well-rounded minivan that offers a comfortable ride, ample space, and an array of features. Its reliable performance, safety features, and versatile design make it a practical choice for individuals or families seeking a dependable and spacious vehicle.
Frequently Asked Questions about the 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G
What are the years of production for the 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G?
What body type is the 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G?
What are the available engine options for the 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G?
How much power does the 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G engine produce?
What is the fuel tank capacity of the 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G?
How is the fuel consumption of the 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G?
What are the available trim levels for the 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G?
Does the 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G come with safety features?
What are the dimensions of the 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G?
What are the available infotainment and technology features in the 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G?
What is the recommended maintenance schedule for the 1997-1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G?
Brian Wong / Author
Brian Wong is an accomplished automotive journalist and editor with a passion for cars. With over a decade of experience in the industry, he has established himself as a trusted voice in the automotive community. Brian has written extensively about a wide range of topics in the field, from the latest trends in car design to innovative safety features and emerging technologies. As a senior reviews editor, he is responsible for test driving and analyzing the latest cars on the market, providing readers with accurate and objective reviews. His articles are widely read and respected for their depth of knowledge and analysis. Brian is committed to staying at the forefront of the latest developments in the automotive industry, and is dedicated to sharing his expertise and insights with his readers.