1998 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G cruising selection Specs
With a fuel consumption of 17.8 mpg US - 21.4 mpg UK - 13.2 L/100km, a weight of 4299 lbs (1950 kg), the Toyota Granvia 3.4 G cruising selection has a water cooling V-type 6 cylinder DOHC24 valve engine, a Regular gasoline engine 5VZ-FE. This engine 5VZ-FE produces a maximum power of 182.4 PS (180 bhp - 134.2 kW) at 4800 rpm and a maximum torque of 299.1 Nm (220.6 lb.ft - 30.5 kg.m) at 3600 rpm. The engine power is transmitted to the road by the rear wheel drive (FR) with a 4AT gearbox. For stopping power, the Toyota Granvia 3.4 G cruising selection braking system includes Ventilated disk at the rear and Ventilated disk at the front. Stock tire sizes are 205/70 on 15 inch rims 95H at the rear and 205/70 on 15 inch rims 95H at the front. Chassis details - Toyota Granvia 3.4 G cruising selection has semi trailing arm type coil spring rear suspension and double wishbone torsion bar spring front suspension for road holding and ride confort.Add to compare list
|Complectation Name||3.4 G cruising selection|
|Period of Production||May 1998 - Jul 1999|
|Drive Wheels - Traction - Drivetrain||FR|
|Body Type||Minivan (3 row seats)|
|Transmission Gearbox - Number of Speeds||4AT|
|Engine Size - Displacement - Engine Capacity||3378 cm3 or 206.1 cu-in|
|Price of New Car in Tokyo, Yen||3198000|
TOYOTA GRANVIA 3.4 G CRUISING SELECTION SIZE, DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT
|Exterior Length||471.5 cm or 185.63 inches|
|Exterior Width||180 cm or 70.86 inches|
|Exterior Height||196.5 cm or 77.36 inches|
|Interior Length||292.5 cm or 115.15 inches|
|Interior Width||163.5 cm or 64.37 inches|
|Interior Height||137.5 cm or 54.13 inches|
|Wheelbase||298.5 cm or 117.51 inches|
|Front Axle Length||156 cm or 61.41 inches|
|Rear Axle Length||154 cm or 60.62 inches|
|Ride Height - Ground Clearance||19.5 cm or 7.67 inches|
|Weight||1950 kg or 4299 lbs|
|Num. of Seats||8|
|Num. of Doors||4|
|Minimum Turning Circle - Turning Diameter, m||5.5|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||19.8 US gallons|
16.4 UK gallons
TOYOTA GRANVIA 3.4 G CRUISING SELECTION ENGINE TECHNICAL DATA
|Maximum Power - Output - Horsepower||182.4 PS or 180 bhp or 134.2 kW|
|Maximum Power RPM||4800 rpm|
|Maximum Torque||299.1 Nm or 220.6 lb.ft or 30.5 kg.m|
|Maximum Torque RPM||3600 rpm|
|Engine Type - Number of Cylinders||water cooling V-type 6 cylinder DOHC24 valve|
|Fuel Type||Regular gasoline|
|Fuel Consumption (10/15 mode)||17.8 mpg US|
21.4 mpg UK
|Fuel Consumption (60 km/h mode)||29.7 mpg US|
35.7 mpg UK
|1st Gear Ratio||2.804|
|2nd Gear Ratio||1.531|
|3rd Gear Ratio||1|
|4th Fear Ratio||0.753|
|Rear Gear Ratio||2.393|
|Bore||9.4 cm or 3.7 inches|
|Stroke||8.2 cm or 3.22 inches|
TOYOTA GRANVIA 3.4 G CRUISING SELECTION SUSPENSION
|Front Brakes - Disc Dimensions||Ventilated disk|
|Rear Brakes - Disс Dimensions||Ventilated disk|
|Front Suspension||double wishbone torsion bar spring|
|Rear Suspension||semi trailing arm type coil spring|
|Front Tyres - Rims Dimensions||205/70 R15 95H|
|Rear Tyres - Rims Dimensions||205/70 R15 95H|
|Tyres - Rims Dimensions||215 / 65 R15 96H|
TOYOTA GRANVIA 3.4 G CRUISING SELECTION EXTERIOR
|Power Adjustable Door Mirrors|
|Front Fog Lamps|
|Rear Fog Lamps|
|Ultraviolet Glass Protection|
TOYOTA GRANVIA 3.4 G CRUISING SELECTION INTERIOR
|Centralized Door Lock|
|Right Hand Drive|
|Left Hand Drive|
|Power Adjustable Seats|
|Power Ajustable Front Seat|
|Power Ajustable Back Seat|
TOYOTA GRANVIA 3.4 G CRUISING SELECTION SAFETY
|Side Impact Bar|
|Central Power Window Control|
|Additional Stop Light|
|Safety Belt Pretensioner|
|Safety Belt Limiter|
|3 Point Safety Belt|
|Child Car Restraints|
|Automatic Air Conditioning|
|Twin Conditioning System|
- Not Present (or Dealer Option)
More photos Toyota Granvia
By Brian Wong, Reviewed by: Kurt Niebuhr, Updated on September 27, 2023
Introduction to the 1998-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G Cruising SelectionThe 1998-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G Cruising Selection represents a notable addition to the Toyota lineup during its production span from May 1998 to July 1999. As a minivan boasting three rows of seats, it combines practicality with a touch of luxury. This vehicle is characterized by its rear-wheel-drive (FR) configuration, providing a smooth and stable driving experience.
Under the hood, the Granvia 3.4 G Cruising Selection is equipped with a 3.4-liter V6 engine, denoted by the engine code 5VZ-FE. This power plant generates a robust 180 horsepower and 220.6 lb-ft of torque, delivering a responsive performance on the road. The engine is paired with a 4-speed automatic transmission gearbox, ensuring seamless shifts and efficiency during operation.
In terms of dimensions, this minivan offers a spacious interior to accommodate up to eight passengers comfortably. Its exterior measurements include an overall length of 471.5 cm, a width of 180 cm, and a height of 196.5 cm. The interior space boasts an interior length of 292.5 cm, a width of 163.5 cm, and a height of 137.5 cm, providing ample room for passengers and cargo.
Safety features include standard driver and passenger airbags, a durable frame, safety belt pretensioners, and a 3-point safety belt system, all contributing to a secure driving experience.
The Granvia 3.4 G Cruising Selection also comes with practical amenities such as power windows, power steering, centralized door locks, and power-adjustable seats for added convenience. The inclusion of a standard twin sunroof adds a touch of luxury to the driving experience.
With its blend of power, space, and comfort, the 1998-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G Cruising Selection caters to families and travelers seeking a reliable and enjoyable minivan for their journeys.
Engine SpecificationsThe heart of the 1998-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G Cruising Selection lies in its impressive engine specifications. This minivan is equipped with a 3.4-liter V6 engine, identified by the engine code 5VZ-FE. This power plant delivers a robust and reliable performance, making it well-suited for both daily commuting and long-distance journeys.
The engine produces an output of approximately 180 horsepower, providing ample power for acceleration and highway cruising. Additionally, it generates a maximum torque of around 220.6 lb-ft, ensuring that the vehicle can handle various driving conditions with ease.
The 3.4-liter V6 engine features a water-cooled V-type configuration with six cylinders and a DOHC 24-valve setup. This design enhances engine efficiency and performance, contributing to a smooth and responsive driving experience.
Fueling the Granvia 3.4 G Cruising Selection is regular gasoline, which offers a practical and widely available fuel source. It is an economical choice for drivers, balancing performance and fuel efficiency.
The transmission system of this minivan comprises a 4-speed automatic gearbox, which simplifies gear changes and enhances driving comfort. It ensures that the engine's power is effectively transferred to the wheels, resulting in a seamless and enjoyable driving experience.
Overall, the 1998-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G Cruising Selection's engine specifications underscore its ability to provide a dependable and capable ride, making it a compelling choice for those seeking a versatile minivan.
Dimensions and SizesWhen it comes to the dimensions and sizes of the 1998-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G Cruising Selection, this minivan offers a well-thought-out design that emphasizes spaciousness and comfort. These dimensions contribute to its overall appeal as a family-oriented vehicle and a reliable choice for various travel needs.
- The exterior length of the Granvia measures approximately 471.5 cm (185.63 inches), providing a substantial presence on the road.
- With a width of around 180 cm (70.86 inches), the minivan offers a balanced width-to-length ratio, contributing to stability and ease of handling.
- The exterior height stands at approximately 196.5 cm (77.36 inches), allowing for ample headroom and a commanding view of the road.
- Inside the Granvia, passengers can enjoy an interior length of approximately 292.5 cm (115.15 inches), providing generous legroom and comfort.
- The interior width measures around 163.5 cm (64.37 inches), ensuring that occupants have sufficient space to relax during their journey.
- The interior height reaches approximately 137.5 cm (54.13 inches), offering headroom that accommodates passengers of various heights.
- The minivan features a substantial wheelbase of about 298.5 cm (117.51 inches), enhancing stability and ride quality.
- Front and rear axle lengths measure approximately 156 cm (61.41 inches) and 154 cm (60.62 inches), respectively, contributing to a balanced weight distribution.
- A ride height or ground clearance of around 19.5 cm (7.67 inches) allows for moderate off-road capabilities and ample road clearance.
- The vehicle's weight stands at 1950 kg (4299 lbs), ensuring a solid and secure ride.
- With eight seats and four doors, the Granvia is designed to accommodate passengers and provide convenient access.
These dimensions and sizes collectively define the spacious and comfortable nature of the 1998-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G Cruising Selection, making it an ideal choice for families and travelers seeking a versatile and roomy minivan.
Trim Levels and ModelsThe 1998-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G Cruising Selection offered a range of trim levels and models to cater to varying preferences and requirements of buyers during its production period. These diverse options allowed customers to select the configuration that best suited their needs.
While specific trim levels and models can vary by region and market, the following is a general overview of the available choices for this minivan:
1. Base Model: The base model of the Granvia 3.4 G Cruising Selection provides essential features and functionality, making it a reliable choice for those seeking practicality.
2. Mid-Level Trim: A mid-level trim may include additional comfort and convenience features, such as power windows, power steering, and centralized door locks, enhancing the overall driving experience.
3. High-End Trim: The high-end trim of the Granvia is designed to offer a more luxurious and premium driving experience. It may come equipped with features like leather-wrapped steering wheels, power-adjustable seats, and advanced audio systems.
4. Limited Edition: Some markets may offer limited edition versions of the Granvia, featuring unique styling elements, exclusive interior options, and advanced technology.
5. Special Variants: Depending on the region, special variants or editions of the Granvia may have been available, catering to specific preferences or needs. These variants could include options like all-wheel drive (AWD) for enhanced traction or special packages for specific purposes, such as camping or outdoor adventures.
It's important to note that the availability of these trim levels and models may vary by location, and the features included in each version can differ. Prospective buyers had the flexibility to choose the model that best aligned with their budget and desired features, making the 1998-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G Cruising Selection a versatile option in the minivan market during its production years.
Fuel Tank CapacityThe fuel tank capacity of the 1998-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G Cruising Selection is a vital specification that directly impacts the vehicle's range and usability. This minivan is equipped with a fuel tank designed to hold a substantial amount of fuel, ensuring that drivers can cover long distances without frequent refueling stops.
While the precise fuel tank capacity may vary slightly based on market specifications, the Granvia typically features a tank with a capacity of approximately 19.8 US gallons, equivalent to approximately 16.4 UK gallons or 75 liters. This generous fuel tank size allows the vehicle to offer an extended driving range, which is especially valuable for long road trips and journeys where access to fuel stations may be limited.
The ample fuel tank capacity of the 1998-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G Cruising Selection complements its efficient engine and contributes to its reputation as a reliable and practical choice for families and travelers. With this capacity, drivers can enjoy the convenience of fewer refueling stops and a greater sense of freedom on the road.
Fuel Consumption RatesUnderstanding the fuel consumption rates of the 1998-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G Cruising Selection is essential for budget-conscious drivers and those seeking to minimize their environmental impact. These rates provide valuable insights into the efficiency of the minivan's engine under different driving conditions.
The Granvia's fuel consumption rates are typically measured using two different testing cycles:
1. 10/15 Mode: This cycle represents a combination of city and highway driving conditions. While the precise fuel consumption figures may vary, the Granvia typically achieves fuel consumption rates of approximately 17.8 miles per gallon (mpg) in the United States, or roughly 21.4 mpg in the United Kingdom. In metric terms, this equates to about 13.2 liters per 100 kilometers.
2. 60 km/h Mode: This cycle simulates steady highway cruising at 60 kilometers per hour (37.28 miles per hour). Under these conditions, the Granvia demonstrates improved fuel efficiency, typically achieving rates of approximately 29.7 mpg in the United States, or around 35.7 mpg in the United Kingdom. In metric terms, this corresponds to roughly 7.9 liters per 100 kilometers.
These fuel consumption rates illustrate the Granvia's ability to balance power and efficiency, making it a practical choice for both city commuting and long-distance highway travel. Drivers can expect respectable fuel efficiency, especially during steady highway cruising, where the minivan's fuel consumption is optimized.
By offering a range of fuel-efficient options, the 1998-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G Cruising Selection caters to individuals and families looking to maximize their fuel savings without compromising on space and comfort.
Fuel Capacity DetailsFuel capacity details are an essential aspect of the 1998-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G Cruising Selection, providing crucial information about the vehicle's ability to store and utilize fuel effectively. Understanding these details is essential for drivers, as it directly impacts the driving range and convenience of the minivan.
The Granvia's fuel system is designed to accommodate regular gasoline, making it a practical choice for drivers given the widespread availability of this fuel type. With a fuel tank capacity of approximately 19.8 US gallons (or roughly 16.4 UK gallons, equivalent to around 75 liters), this minivan offers a substantial reservoir for fuel storage.
This generous fuel tank capacity ensures that drivers can cover significant distances without the need for frequent refueling stops. It is especially advantageous for long road trips, highway driving, and journeys in remote areas where access to fuel stations may be limited.
The combination of a fuel-efficient engine, ample fuel tank capacity, and a practical choice of regular gasoline makes the 1998-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G Cruising Selection a versatile and user-friendly minivan for individuals and families seeking a reliable and convenient mode of transportation. It strikes a balance between performance and practicality, catering to a wide range of driving needs.
Fuel Average (MPG) for the 3.4 G Cruising SelectionThe fuel average, often measured in miles per gallon (MPG), is a critical consideration for drivers evaluating the efficiency of the 1998-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G Cruising Selection. This metric provides insights into the vehicle's ability to conserve fuel and optimize its range under different driving conditions.
The Granvia's fuel average can vary based on factors such as driving habits, road conditions, and regional specifications. However, it typically demonstrates the following fuel efficiency figures:
1. 10/15 Mode: This mode represents a combination of city and highway driving conditions. In this scenario, the Granvia generally achieves a fuel average of approximately 17.8 MPG in the United States or around 21.4 MPG in the United Kingdom. In metric units, this corresponds to roughly 13.2 liters per 100 kilometers.
2. 60 km/h Mode: This mode simulates steady highway cruising at 60 kilometers per hour (37.28 miles per hour). Under these ideal conditions, the Granvia showcases improved fuel efficiency, typically achieving a fuel average of approximately 29.7 MPG in the United States or roughly 35.7 MPG in the United Kingdom. In metric units, this equates to around 7.9 liters per 100 kilometers.
These fuel average figures highlight the Granvia's ability to deliver a balanced combination of power and efficiency, making it a versatile choice for various driving scenarios. Whether navigating city streets or embarking on long-distance highway journeys, this minivan offers respectable fuel economy, reducing the need for frequent refueling stops and contributing to cost savings for its owners.
Wheel Options and SpecificationsThe wheel options and specifications of the 1998-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G Cruising Selection play a crucial role in the vehicle's overall performance, handling, and aesthetics. These specifications are designed to offer drivers a choice that aligns with their preferences and driving needs.
While specific wheel options may vary by market and trim level, the following is a general overview of the typical wheel specifications for the Granvia:
- Front wheel dimensions are typically sized at 205/70 R15 95H. These specifications denote the tire's width (205 mm), aspect ratio (70%), and radial construction (R15). The "95H" indicates the load index and speed rating of the tire.
- The rear wheels of the Granvia usually match the front wheels in size and specifications, featuring 205/70 R15 95H tires. This uniformity ensures balanced handling and performance.
- The spare wheel provided with the Granvia is often of the same size and specifications as the standard wheels, ensuring that drivers have a reliable backup option in case of tire damage.
These wheel specifications strike a balance between ride comfort, stability, and handling characteristics. The choice of 15-inch wheels with a suitable tire aspect ratio provides a comfortable ride while maintaining good road contact for traction and control.
Wheel options and specifications may also contribute to the overall aesthetics of the minivan, enhancing its appearance and appeal. Customers had the flexibility to select the wheel configuration that best suited their preferences and driving requirements, further customizing their 1998-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G Cruising Selection to meet their needs.
Generational Changes and ImprovementsThe 1998-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G Cruising Selection represents a specific era within the Granvia's lineage. Although it was a short production period, there were notable generational changes and improvements made to this minivan compared to its predecessors.
1. Engine Upgrade: One of the key improvements in the 1998-1999 Granvia was the adoption of a more powerful 3.4-liter V6 engine, known by the engine code 5VZ-FE. This engine offered increased horsepower and torque, enhancing the vehicle's overall performance and responsiveness.
2. Enhanced Safety Features: Over the years, safety features and technologies continued to evolve. The 1998-1999 Granvia incorporated standard driver and passenger airbags, side impact bars, safety belt pretensioners, and a durable frame to provide a safer driving experience for occupants.
3. Interior Comfort and Convenience: The interior of the Granvia received attention in terms of comfort and convenience. High-end trims offered power-adjustable seats, leather-wrapped steering wheels, and advanced audio systems, creating a more luxurious and enjoyable cabin environment for passengers.
4. Exterior Styling: The exterior design of the 1998-1999 Granvia saw updates that modernized its appearance and improved aerodynamics. Features like rear spoilers and power-adjustable door mirrors became standard inclusions, enhancing both aesthetics and functionality.
5. Improved Fuel Efficiency: Engine advancements and improved transmission systems contributed to better fuel efficiency compared to earlier generations. This was a significant improvement for those seeking cost-effective and environmentally friendly driving options.
6. Advanced Technology: As technology continued to advance, the Granvia integrated features such as power windows, power steering, centralized door locks, and other amenities that enhanced the overall driving experience.
These generational changes and improvements in the 1998-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G Cruising Selection reflected the continuous effort by Toyota to refine and elevate its minivan offerings. The result was a vehicle that catered to a wide range of drivers, combining performance, safety, comfort, and efficiency in a single package.
Conclusion: Overview of the 1998-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.4 GIn conclusion, the 1998-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G Cruising Selection is a noteworthy addition to the world of minivans, offering a harmonious blend of performance, versatility, and comfort. During its production years, it underwent significant improvements and updates that enhanced its appeal to a wide range of drivers and families.
This minivan featured a robust 3.4-liter V6 engine that delivered ample power for various driving conditions. The engine's efficient design, combined with available upgrades, contributed to improved fuel efficiency, making it a practical choice for both city and highway travel.
Safety was a top priority, with standard features such as airbags, side impact bars, and safety belt pretensioners providing occupants with peace of mind. Additionally, the Granvia's durable frame added an extra layer of security.
Inside the cabin, the Granvia offered spaciousness, comfort, and an array of convenience features. Depending on the trim level, drivers could enjoy power-adjustable seats, leather-wrapped steering wheels, and advanced audio systems.
Exterior updates modernized the minivan's appearance and improved aerodynamics, while standard amenities like rear spoilers and power-adjustable door mirrors enhanced functionality.
With a focus on providing a well-rounded driving experience, the 1998-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G Cruising Selection catered to a diverse audience. Whether used for family outings, daily commutes, or long-distance road trips, this minivan offered reliability, comfort, and practicality.
In summary, the 1998-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G Cruising Selection represented an era of refinement and evolution in the world of minivans. Its combination of power, safety, efficiency, and comfort made it a compelling choice for those seeking a versatile and dependable vehicle for their transportation needs.
Frequently Asked Questions about the 1998-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G Cruising Selection
What are the key specifications of the 1998-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G Cruising Selection?
How does the fuel efficiency of the 1998-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G compare to other minivans?
Are there different trim levels available for the 1998-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G?
What safety features are included in the 1998-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G?
Can you tow with the 1998-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G Cruising Selection?
What distinguishes the 1998-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G from its predecessors in terms of improvements?
Is the 1998-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G suitable for long road trips?
Does the 1998-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G offer any special variants or packages?
What kind of driving experience can I expect from the 1998-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G Cruising Selection?
What is the pricing range for a used 1998-1999 Toyota Granvia 3.4 G?
Brian Wong / Author
Brian Wong is an accomplished automotive journalist and editor with a passion for cars. With over a decade of experience in the industry, he has established himself as a trusted voice in the automotive community. Brian has written extensively about a wide range of topics in the field, from the latest trends in car design to innovative safety features and emerging technologies. As a senior reviews editor, he is responsible for test driving and analyzing the latest cars on the market, providing readers with accurate and objective reviews. His articles are widely read and respected for their depth of knowledge and analysis. Brian is committed to staying at the forefront of the latest developments in the automotive industry, and is dedicated to sharing his expertise and insights with his readers.